Sunday, May 8, 2011

One-day weekend

Yesterday was the Spring Convocation at the university so I worked pretty much all day. It is so nice to see the joy and excitement in the faces of the graduating students. Some of them have been with us for 7 years and being a small university, everyone is family !



Lots can be done in a one-day weekend at home (and no, I'm not talking about housework). Dave and I planted blackberry canes, 3 blueberry plants, 34 strawberry plants and I planted the lettuce and turnips in the veggie garden.


Mother's Day flowers from my son.



Beautiful outdoor ornament from my daugher.

Edited : I should have said married 32 years and together for 35) Part of my anniversary rose bush from Dave. We celebrated 32 years together on May 5th.



As is the case every year, there is a lot of weeding to be done... but I love digging my hands in the dirt.

The guest speaker at yesterday's graduation left us with the following words of advice ''if you start looking forward to Friday afternoon on Monday morning and you get depressed on Sunday night because of work the next day... it's time to move on''.




Happy Monday everyone !!!

3 comments:

Alli said...

Congrats on 32 years! What an achievement! It makes me so happy to see couples reach such big anniversary dates in a world that has such high divorce rates. Diego and I will have our 9th anniversary in October. :)

Sherrie said...

Happy Anniversary!

Colleen said...

Happy Anniversary you two!!! xo