Monday, August 16, 2010

Thankful and grateful

I can't seem to find the appropriate words to describe my experience at the Nature and Yoga Retreat I was at last week. I don't think there are such beautiful words in the dictionnary. Seven days of pure heaven (really !) I am so thankful to my yoga instructor Kerry for coordinating and putting all this together. She is a true yogi inside and out. She was a huge inspiration to me when I first started on this yogic journey. And grateful for the knowledge that was shared that week, the delicious meals prepared for us and the friendships I came home with. As soon as you walk through those gates, ''everything'' slows down.

Since I can't find words to describe my experience last week, I will leave you with a few pictures (more to follow later in the week).

Girl on the left is my regular yoga teacher and on the right is our other room mate for the week.

Getting ready for Sutra teachings in the Chapel.

The guru from India, Yogiji.

Getting things ready for flame (candle) meditation Wednesday night.

All like-minded people, sharing their joy and love for seven days. I think this was the best gift I have ever given myself. It has forced me to slow down, be present/in the moment and concentrate on one-pointedness.

Yes, I would (and will) go again !

No comments: