Sunday, June 14, 2009

Perfect, if you're a duck

To sum up this past weekend's weather - wet and damp with a hint of sun.

Friday early evening - looks like rain, oh wait it is raining.

Saturday mid-afternoon - hint of sun. This is the only time we saw the sun the entire weekend.

Sunday early afternoon - hmmm, should I put clothes on the line outside to dry...

... maybe not.
Woods-y centerpiece.
The picture below is for my friend Louise (she's blogless) in Ontario. She loves these flowers - me, not so much. I call them weeds. They grow like crazy around here alongside the roads.

Saturday afternoon my son drove 2 hours to buy his first Dobro. Dave went along for the ride. This is probably the only string instrument he hasn't mastered... yet ! Dave has a Dobro and Luc borrowed it for the past couple of weeks to see if he would like playing it before he bought one for himself. Apparently he loved it because now he has one.

Happy Monday tomorrow everyone !!!!!

4 comments:

Alli said...

Yet again I am stunned by your beautiful landscape! Sorry to hear you didn't get any sunshine...we haven't had much either these passed few days...it'll arrive soon I hope...my plants are starting to get pretty water logged!:)

JoyceAnn said...

Rain , Rain , go away , Vickie needs to play ! (LOL)

Love the woodsy centerpiece and the suncatcher is beautiful , did you make the suncatcher with your sea glass finds ?

~ Many Blessings ~
JoyceAnn

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Alli - thanks for the beautiful comment about our landscape. We love it here; I never want to go anywheres but in our backyard.

JoyceAnn - thanks for the riddle. It worked - it's nice and sunny today "Monday" blah. Yes, Dave made that suncatcher for me from our sea glass collection.

Eco Yogini said...

ouuuu very cool dobro!!! Sigh, wish I had the skill :)
I LOVE lupines... but then I have always like the "ditch" flowers as mom calls them the best haha!