Monday, May 4, 2009

Nice visit

A short trip was in the planning process mid-week last week. Dave and I went to visit Ginette in New Brunswick over the weekend. She's been away on her own for almost 5 years and I still miss her. Sometimes you know, I just get the urge to see her, to be around her gentleness and her kindness. Dave knows, yup he knows just the right time to suggest a visit to Dieppe.

We went to London-Wul Fibre Arts. I bought two kinds of yarn for future projects. I could easily spend hours in that store.

We made it to Shediac where we got to eat the most delicious fish and chips and visit the worlds biggest lobster. It was raining so we only walked up to the monument for a picture (there we are, Ginette and I, and Meeko, on the far left corner of the picture). We even dropped into a Frenchy's.

Speaking of Meeko - he's such a smart puppy.


He wants to play with Puss but Puss is too old for play :-)

Ginette and Meeko.


Wishing everyone a good week !

7 comments:

Alli said...

Looks like a great trip! I love the giant lobster, I have been there many times...although I think I missed the fish n' chips place...I might be back this summer if you could tell me the name of the place then I can give it a try!

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Alli - we were heading for Captain Dan's http://captaindans.ca/splash.asp but it was still closed for the season :-( so we opted for Chez Leo's in Grande Digue. But I would recommend you go to Captain Dan's first. It's at the wharf in Shediac.

Kim said...

Such cute lil sheep :) You know, in the 2nd pic, you kind of look like you are standing in/sitting on the garbage bin (?).

It's nice that your daughter lives close enough to drive and see her.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Kim - so cute about me in the garbage bin :-)

Colleen said...

I am just at the beginning stages of missing my oldest daughter. Kiera brings such sillyness and laughter into our home and when she's gone for a few days a huge part is missing from our family. And this is just the beginning.
:-(

The photo of Meeko and Puss is so cute. Typical cat/dog relations.
he he

JoyceAnn said...

Wow ~ That is a biggg ... lobster ! Glad you had a nice visit with your daughter. Meeko is sooo cute ! Have a great weekend.

~ Many Blessings ~
JoyceAnn

Sebrina Wilson said...

Looks like a wonderful time!!!! I cannot even imagine what it will be like to have children grown and out of the house. But they have promised me they will never leave.. so I may hold them to that :-)