Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Trunk

As previously mentioned, the Sunday we went blueberry picking in Digby we stopped at an antique dealer and I thought I had died and went to heaven (...so to speak). Hidden in the far corner of the store Dave found this amazingly old and rustic trunk. Later this Fall we want to renovate the living room and I want to use this trunk as our coffee table. It has a few bumps and scratches here and there but hey, that gives it character... it has a history ! And you want to know the best part....

... the lady sold it to me for $30.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Amazing deal! Unfortunately, DH & I don't share the same vision when it comes to antiques and used stuff :) He is all "why would you buy something so old and banged up". DUH! :)

Vickie LeBlanc said...

I love antiques, I can't say it enough - how much I love them. Each item has such a history. I imagine so many stories about the antiques I have in our home. I love anything old and rustic. Our house is a 200 year old farmhouse.