Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Best of both worlds

I love living in the woods but sometimes Dave and I leave everything we are doing and head for the ocean... to recharge of sorts. Sunday evening we had take away supper and drove here to enjoy our meal. I was born and raised in the woods and Dave was mostly raised next to the ocean. Needless to say he jumps for joy :-) at any chance to head for a walk on the beach or to do some beachcombing (which is one of our all time favorite pass time).


When I was done taking the above picture I turned to my left and took the picture below.


These two wind turbines are located on the university campus where Dave and I work.


We enjoyed our non-rain long weekend but it's back to the rainy, soggy weather today and forecasted for a few more days.

3 comments:

Eco Yogini said...

oh i can't live without the ocean... i've tried.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that first picture.

also- the idea of a piquenique by the ocean :)

Vickie LeBlanc said...

@Eco Yogini - I was reading your post when I saw you had commented on mine :-) I love the wooden garden box and yes, you have a wonderful view up there. Thanks for the picture love.

Colleen said...

i love when the sun sparkles off the water like that....so beautiful!