Sunday, April 24, 2011

I'm back but not 100% yet

I'm back, not 100% flu-free though... had to go back to the doctor yesterday morning. Had the beginnings of pneumonia so I have new meds, drinking a lot of herbal teas and resting as much as possible. For the first time in two weeks, I slept through the night last night without one single coughing fit (meds are already working). I can't even start to figure out the last time I had the flu... it's been years.

Walked around the gardens this afternoon while Dave was cleaning around ...


Kale is keeping strong.



Garlic is growing well.



Dave's newly painted tractor wagon.

Our son and his friend went in the annual two-day canoe trip Friday and Saturday. They enjoyed two pleasant sunny days; although the second day the wind was against them.


6 comments:

Kim said...

Hope you feel better soon.

We can't plant anything here until after May 24. Heck we had snow last week!

Colleen said...

glad to hear that you are starting to mend. hope you're back to your healthy self soon.
i'm sending lots of healing love your way.
xox

Sherrie said...

Good grief! You've had a rough go of it. I hope you're feeling a whole lot better, very soon. Maybe some Yarmouth air would help!

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Thanks ladies. Getting comments from some of my favorite bloggers helps with my getting better.

I am working on a very strict wellness-plan for when I get a little more on my feet. I've been trying to be as healthy as possible for the past years but I think my immune system was a little too low when I got this flu.

JoyceAnn said...

Hi Vickie ~ Glad you're feeling better. There must be a strong strain of flu that went around this year , I was sick for about two weeks also and like you I haven't been sick in years before this.

~ Be Blessed ~

When in the garden... said...

Hope you are feeling better. I've had it too. I actually cracked my ribs from coughing. Crazy. I'm on the mend too. Can't wait till all this flu is gone!!!!

I'm trying to grow Kale this season. Hope you post more about it. I've watched Dr.Oz and thought I might try some.

:)