Monday, October 25, 2010

Better

Thank you so much for your kind words on my last post. I have such an amazing group of blog friends. The kids have been such heros throughout this ordeal. Making sure Dave and I are copping as best we can. Honestly, I still miss her like crazy but it's getting better with each passing day. We all know and accept that Miss Tabi is in a much better place than she was the past couple of weeks. I hope family and friends understand that we are not ready to talk about our painful day. When the need arises, Dave and I share joyful memories and a few tears and talk with the kids. For now, that is all we need - ourselves !

We burried her under a beautiful apple tree in the field out back. Yesterday we placed a marker at her resting place made from a huge flat rock we found on one of Tabi's favorite beach.

Next Sunday Dave and I are planning a one-day getaway to the place that gives me the most peace and solitude... and hopefully do one last kayak run before the cold season hits.

Wishing everyone a pleasant week !

1 comment:

Alli said...

I am glad to hear that the healing process is underway and that you have the support of family and friends. Big Hugs from Halifax!