Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ocean and blueberries

Summer has arrived !!!! yay. It was a little slow getting here but it's here. For the next two weeks I am home from work; getting ready for our daughter's wedding on the 29th.

This afternoon Dave and I went to the beach... to fetch a stick (if you click on the picture below you can see said stick in my hand). Dave said I could'nt balance on that little post... a few years of yoga will help with balance. I needed a stick for...

... this silk screen wall-hang that my yoga instructor brought back from India. Last night I sewed the tabs with the wooden buttons and I wanted to hang it with a driftwood stick.

Blueberry season is here. We went this afternoon at a farm near Digby. To be honest, I am not crazy about baking with the big cultivated berries. I much prefer the wild smaller ones. But these big ones are delicious to eat whole by the handful, in yogourt or in my morning bowl of oats. There were lots that are not ripe yet.


Below - the new corner of our garden that we are working to get ready for next year. I will still plant in my raised beds that are right outside the back door but this lot will be mainly for potatoes, carrots and onions.

Have a good Monday tomorrow !

4 comments:

Barb said...

Wow, you have my utmost respect balancing on that stick!! Barb

JoyceAnn said...

Looks like fun , I thought the stick was to help you balance (lol). The wallhanging looks terrific with its new hanger.
Those blueberries look delish , the few on my bush dried up during our dry June (sigh) , hoping next year will be better.
Praying Hurricane Bill fizzles out before landing , Stay Safe my friend.

~ Blessings ~

Eco Yogini said...

I LOVE your new screen- did Carrie bring it back?

My mom and dad went blueberry picking (not in Digby) and had to go high bush berry picking. Mom was not happy- i guess the wild berries didn't do as well this year?

However, the berries look YUMMY.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Eco Yogini - yes, Kerry brought back the screen print from India. She brings me back some hand-rolled incense also.