Here is what Sherrie has suggested we talk about today for our Comfort Week theme - home: the most comfortable (or comforting) thing in your home.
Check out what others have to say here.
Although for me my entire 200 year old home is what gives me comfort (as you've probably read a few times on this blog) as well as my yoga mat and altar, my cozy bed, my old shabby antiques, my grandmother's tea set and many more. But I have to give first place to our rocking chair in the kitchen.
This chair belonged to my MIL. This chair is not "old" like most of the stuff I cherish in this home, but it's BEAUTIFUL. Aside from a few teeth marks made by a very active, young puppy years ago it's still in very good shape. Everyone wants to sit in the rocking chair, it's a favorite all around with family and friends.
From here I :
- watch my family doing whatever it is they're doing in the family room, mostly watching TV;
- admire nature's beauty from the window next to the kitchen table;
- breathlessly watch my favorite little creatures as they nibble on bird seeds in the feeder;
- knit, sing, drink tea, and dream;
- keep an eye on our supper that's cooking on the stove;
- have long conversations with my husband as he's washing the dishes;
- find out what kind of day my son had at work;
- worry on my family when weather conditions are bad and they need to be out on the roads;
- have long phone conversations with my daughter;
- laugh and cry with friends;
- wait my turn for the washroom.
You see, this rocking chair is sooooooo much more than a piece of wood that was carved into a piece of furniture. It's memories for my husband. His mom has been gone for 20 years and I'm sure she used the chair for the same reasons I do.
Talk to everyone tomorrow !