Thursday, June 26, 2008

Vacation : Day 2

My second day of vacation started with a breakfast of buckwheat pancakes and coffee (not shown).

Before heading outside (yes it was another gorgeous sunny day) I finished Ginette's dishcloth. I really enjoyed doing the basket weave pattern. Now I have to start one for me (or I should say for Dave, he's the dish washer around here).

Where you could find me most of the afternoon... weeding in the garden.

Late this evening - my favorite handy man and assistant gardener Dave putting up the trellis for the cukes. Everything is growing so fast around here.

Hope everyone had a good first part of their week and that it will be even better for the second half.

4 comments:

Barb said...

That dish cloth is almost too pretty to use.

And those pancakes .... mmmmmm if only I could eat gluten. (sigh)

COLLEEN said...

Mmmmmmmm, pancakes. Are they 100% buckwheat? Buckwheat is not actually wheat at all - I don't think buckwheat has any gluten either. Gotta check that out.

I really like the basket weave pattern on the dishcloth.

Weeding is one of the activities I have scheduled for this weekend.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Barb and Colleen - thanks for leaving a comment. I can't tell you how much I love getting comments (I know, I've said it before).

Colleen - there is also 100% whole wheat flour in the pancakes along with the buckwheat.

Shelby said...

I love to knit dishclothes myself!