Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Birch tree skin

Never, ever have I received such a special Christmas card (besides cards given to me by my two adorable children). Seriously, when I got this card in the mail yesterday ''it blew my mind''. It is the very creative thinking of my cousin Aurèl and his lovely wife (and my friend) Clarisse. Everything you see (except for the two feathers and the deer skin twine... and the postage stamp of course) is made of birch bark. And the message is sooooooo touching.

The back of the envelope.

The contents.
The story of the two feathers - last February this same cousin showed and helped me make a deer skin drum (I have pictures that I could post but I can't find them at the moment). The knowledge that Aurèl has on the history and traditions of the Mi'kmaq is amazing. He is a very talented person and I am so lucky to have him in my family. OK, back to the two feathers. On my drum he engraved the image of two feathers and he told me my new name was ''Victoire (yes, my official name) Deux Plumes (two feathers)''.

Tonight at yoga class when my instructor is going to ask us to think of each an individual happy thought while meditation - this is it... hands down !!!

I am over flowing with tears of happiness. Thank you ever so much. You've made this a very special Christmas.

2 comments:

COLLEEN said...

Wow, what an amazing gift to receive - you are so lucky! It must be all that positive energy that you are releasing into the universe and it is responding in kind.
Oh, I forgot to thank you for the wonderful handmade cards; lovely! Thank you Victoire "deux plumes" River Song Woman; wow, try saying that 5 times fast!

Vickie LeBlanc said...

I just love receiving surprises in the mail and anything handmade is golden. Oh yes, I have two earthly names and I love them both.