Saturday, April 14, 2007

Masala chai

Tonight I will relax with a nice cup of homemade masala chai (Indian tea). A recipe that I have mastered after numerous 'not so famous' attempts. Ingredients in my chai recipe are cardomon pods, cloves, anise star, cinnemon and ginger. I don't usually put sugar in my regular tea but this one I do, I use natural cane sugar.

I also made a batch of natural organic yogourt. This yogourt machine I bought a few months ago has paid itself a few times. By making my own yogourt I know what's in it - only two ingredients; organic milk and culture. One batch makes 6 servings. My husband and I often have fruits in this delicious yogourt.

Our lovely neighbour, Louise, gave me this beautiful Willow figure yesterday when Dave and I dropped off her bingo cards. She is such a gentle soul. She said the small gesture was for all the times we bring her bingo cards and the few times a year we check her house and bring in her mail when she visits her daughter. It is not even the slight bother for us to do that for her.

No comments: