Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Reading, eating, drinking

What does one do when it's been raining for over two weeks ?

My latest read ''Homesteading in the 21st Century''. I have never been one to read a book in a few days or one weekend. I am a very slow reader. Sometimes I read the same paragraph over and over just to make sure I understood what the author was trying to tell me. Very seldom will I read fictions, they're not my thing. I am so happy this book caught my eye 30 seconds after I walked in the doors of Chapters on the weekend. Only about 30 pages read and I can already tell it is going to be a good one.

Drink one ''heavy-on-the-leafy-greens'' smoothie once a day - rain or shine.


A warm galette aux pommes... no recipe needed. I bake like my french ancestors - whip up something with what I have on hand.


Previously mentioned green smoothie - spinach, kale, strawberries, kiwi, apple, chia seeds, nut butter, coconut water, frozen banana (always frozen). All this in one single glass. You would never eat all this in one day. See my fancy reusable straw over there in the smoothie ? never have to put another plastic straw in the trash.


If you've been reading here for a while you know how much I would love to be this amazing woman. I'm hoping that in my next life I will be just like Tasha. I love her so much that I often make recipes from her cookbook (which by the way was a Frenchy find). My latest was her date and nut loaf; delicious with a hot cup of tea.


This has become our favorite bread lately. Perfect for toast.

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

I had never heard of Tasha Tudor before! Let me know if you ever find another copy of the book Chez Francois. I made a mean smoothie last night, too - yum!

Vickie LeBlanc said...

I sure will Sherrie. I love Tasha Tudor so much. Unfortunately, she's no longer with us. She passed a couple of years ago in her 90s.

Heather said...

Smoothie looks delicious, we love them each morning too. Thank you for the book title suggestion, I'm going to see if my library has it. I love the inspiration in those kind of books.

Colleen said...

the book looks fantastic. the smoothie looks delicious and the loaf and bread scrumdidiliumptious!!! xo

Anonymous said...

That photo of the date and nut loaf makes me want to go right home from work and bake one. it's another bread that stirs wonderful memories