Sunday, March 6, 2011

Knitting the winter blues away

I sure have been knitting away this winter. When I get going I can knit for two hours straight and it doesn't even feel like that long. Most of the projects I've knitted since Christmas are for next year's gifts so I can't post them here.

Dave took the picture above yesterday while practicing taking pictures with his phone.

That nice plum colored yarn is an alpaca blend and I'm knitting a winter hat with it. The grey is 100% wool for a pair of man's winter socks.
The carpenter is done with the few minor renovations in the kitchen. Now we are painting the kitchen - a nice fresh white by Benjamin Moore ''Chantilly Lace'' and the walls are going to be, also by Ben Moore, ''Avoine'' (Oat). Our first big furniture purchase as a married couple was our kitchen table and chairs, 32 years ago. The table top needs to be sanded and re-stained... that's on our list too.
Wishing everyone a good start of the week tomorrow. I think my next post will be entirely on food preps and recipes.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I have picked up my knitting again too. Socks, socks, socks.

JoyceAnn said...

Hi Vickie ~ You look so content knitting away and that's very smart of you getting started on Christmas gifts now.

~ Be Blessed ~