Sunday, October 31, 2010

Winterizing...

Dave and I spent most of the day today at Nova Nada/Birchdale. We are part of a group ''Friends of Birchdale'' and we wanted to help a little by winterizing the vegetable garden. This garden fed us throughout the Nature & Yoga Retreat this past August. Even though it wasn't sunny it was still nice and warm (the flies were buzzin' around). It only started to rain after we were in the car coming back.

I can't think of another place in nature that gives me as much peace as this place does.

I brought back some still crispy swiss chard and as I am typing this the house smells heavenly with some Chick Pea and Swiss Chard Curry on the stove.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

mmmmmmmmmmm, i love swiss chard too.

JoyceAnn said...

Hi Vickie ~ We've been winterizing the garden too and getting ready to plant garlic. The soup sounds um um good !

~ Autumn Blessings ~

Alli said...

I would love that recipe! I have swiss chard in the fridge waiting for a good recipe! :)

PS. Thanks for the CSN info! :)

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Alli,

Here is the link for the recipe. It's in the last issue of Canadian Living Magazine.

http://www.canadianliving.com/food/quick_and_easy/chickpea_and_swiss_chard_curry.php

I did'nt have all the ingredients so as always, I improvised with what I had on hand.