Monday, July 19, 2010

Chickens

I love my chickens. I knew I would, we had some about 15 years ago but after their tragic death (night invader in the coop) I did'nt think I would ever get some again. But for the past few years I've had it on my mind - getting chickens again !

Long time readers of this blog and those that know me personally know that these beauties will not be on our dinner plates any time soon. They are definetely not being raised for meat... for fresh organic eggs and the peacefulness they give us just by watching them roam around in their run is their only purpose around here.

My beloved Agnes. She is such a snoop that girl and often gets in trouble with the other ladies.

Dave and I decided the coop needed one extra little window (the original plans included one window in the front) for ventilation in the summer and day light in the winter.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

i LOVE your coop and i love your chickens; that photo of Agnes is priceless. :-)