Monday, April 26, 2010

Additions to the garden

Here are this year's additions to the garden (I'm sure there will be more as the season progresses).

Wanted a tin man for a long time. I know Dave could have made one but it was easier and faster to buy one.

Those of you that were visiting this blog last summer know that Dave bought a tiller and we worked a small square of land in our back lot in preparation for planting our potatoes, carrots, onions and pumpkins this year (no worries, I still have my 9 raised beds right outside my back door). Wanting to do everything possible to encourage growth in this new location I hung my prayer flags just for precaution and positive vibes.

Three of my favorite words; sand blasted in beach rocks.

Bird feeder.

Hope everyone will have a good week. I am a little disappointed in my body's ability to heal itself. I've been trying to get rid of a stabbing lower back pain all weekend but it's taking longer than usual...

6 comments:

Colleen said...

I LOVE all your new addtions to your garden. Prayer flags is a fantastic idea to send positive and loving vibrations to the garden. Did you make those stones (live laugh love) yourself?? gorgeous.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Thanks for the love Colleen. No, I did'nt make those stones. I bought them at the Moncton Farmers Market.

Kim said...

hey don't ignore stabbing pains - maybe it's time to get it checked out.

I have those same words on a gold necklace charm.

Barb said...

Love your tin man. Better keep your oil can handy for when he gets rusty. Remember "The Wizard of Oz"

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Thanks Kim. Sorry I haven't visited your blog lately; must head on over there. Good news - back pain is 85% gone. Slow yoga tonight, should help.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Thanks for visiting Barb. I love my tin man.