Thursday, January 21, 2010

Black & White

You would think these snow pictures are black & white but they are not. They were taken in full color mode it's just plain white snow on bare grey branches and trees. We've been having a whole bunch of snow since Christmas. Again this past weekend. I love nice clean snow. And those days that are ''windless'' are so nice for going on long walks.

The one below is where my garden raised beds are. I'm dreaming of Spring ! I'll be placing my seed order soon.

Unrelated but worth mentioning, I made a delicious cream of mushroom soup last weekend. It's my own creation. I never follow a recipe for soup. Does anyone else love soup and sandwich ?

I know I haven't been posting much lately but I promise... I should have a few pictures coming up of a few months worth of Frenchy finds.

11 comments:

Shelby said...

Soup and half a sandwich is always one of my favorite orders at lunch! Homemade cream of mushroom is the only way to have cream of mushroom! I'd love to see your recipe :-)

JoyceAnn said...

Loved your snow pics , we've had a few snowflakes but no accumulation. I love to see a beautiful snowfall. Your soup looks yummy , I love soup and sandwich meals. I've been thinking about growing my own mushrooms , but I'm still in the research process of that idea.
Hope you and Dave are doing well.


~ Winter Blessings ~

Vickie LeBlanc said...

HoneyB - thanks for visiting here. I'll try and put something together that ressembles a recipe.

JoyceAnn - thank you for leaving a comment. Comments mean so much to me. Thanks for the well wishes for Dave and I. I'm sending the same your way.

Niki said...

Homemade soup appears at least twice a week on our supper table and I love the photos we have had similar lighting here...
blessings to you
Niki

dmarks said...

Winter is so bleak. But at least mushrooms have some color.

Kim said...

Almost all of our snow is gone - of course now that i have said that, we will probably get about a foot of snow! I'm sick of winter already. Your soup beginnings look great.

teresa said...

those pictures are just beautiful. love the soup, delicious!

NatureGirl said...

Blog hopping...gets me every time! Lovely things you have posted!

Alli said...

What great photos! We have snow but it is all dirty looking... :( I would love to have a nice clean snowfall to walk around in!

I LOVE soup! I am actually just making a broccoli soup as I write! :)

Colleen said...

i wish we had "some" of your snow -- i haven't had a chance to go snowshoeing yet this winter.
:-(

yes, yes, yes, i LOVE soup and sandwich.

i am dreaming of gardens too!

Barb said...

The snow pics are beautiful Vickie. And soup ~ my favourite especially in the winter. Barb xo