Thursday, February 19, 2009

Food week : Vegetable

We are in the middle of a wintery snow storm this morning and it's also "Vegetable Recipe" day for Sherrie's food week.

(No pictures today, sorry)

Baked potatoes

I don't really have a recipe, here is what I put together.

Wash and scrub two large potatoes, poke a few times with a fork. Cover each individual potato with foil wrap and bake in a 350 degree oven until cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool down a little so you can easily handle them. Slice both potatoes in half. Lay the four pieces on a cookie sheet, cut side up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with dried basil, small pieces of broccoli, grated cheese (I usually put what I have on hand which is cheddar and mozzerella). Broil in oven just until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven, top with snipped chives and serve with a dollop of sour cream. (Note - you can add fried bacon before you add the cheese).

I love eating baked potatoes, especially in the Winter.

Take a look at what others are cooking.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

I think baked potatoes are under rated, there is so much to do with them, and the complex carbs sure keep your blood sugar levels balanced. Definitely a great meal. Thumbs up for the potato.

Shelby said...

Sounds yummy! I have never baked one the way you explain! I will have to give your way a try!

Sherrie said...

Yum! We have semi-boring baked potatoes pretty often, but yours sound anything but boring!

Kim said...

Have you ever tried wiping the skins with olive oil, placing in a dish then sprinkling with rock salt and then baking them?

You get a nice crunchy skin. Yummy.

Now I have to go buy some potatoes :)

Sebrina Wilson said...

Mmm sounds yum!!!

Alli said...

I should have eaten before reading this!! This will be on the menu as soon as I get some potatoes in my weekly food box!

Stacey J. said...

We call it baked potatoe bar at our house! Sounds soooo good with the basil!

Sarah C said...

These sound so good! Thanks for sharing!