Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Frenchy tid bits

Lately I've been kind of disappointed with my visits over at Frenchy's. I've been coming out of the store empty handed. I don't want to start buying just anything for the pleasure of buying... you know, just because. I am trying to declutter our home so I don't want to bring more stuff home that we don't really need or that we won't even use. I had a few minutes tonight so I dropped into one of the Frenchy's and here is what I found for myself (see picture above) - vintage doillie, clip-on candles to clip on the christmas tree (wish I could get my hands on vintage ones like these), 5 pieces of fabric, a pumpkin made of some kind of papier-mâché and a glass bottle with a stopper. I want to use this bottle to make ginger kefir (more on this later).

******* Edited to add - about those plastic candles. I just had an idea... I think I will remove the plastic candle and replace it with a real wax candle. What do you think ?

5 comments:

Kim said...

Great score! I would be afraid to have lit candles on my tree - but maybe on a centerpiece of some type?

Also, I love the plate in the picture.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Hi Kim - nope, no lit candles on my tree. They will only be for show.

I love that plate. It's an antique platter that I found at a yard sale a few years back for $1.

JoyceAnn said...

I love the natural look , so I would replace them with real candles.What are you planning to make with your cloth ?
Enjoy your tid-bits !

I love Autumn too , the colors , the smells and the feel of the weather.
I harvested some more grapes from my Mom's neighbor , so I'm making grape jelly this week.

~ Autumn Blessings ~
JoyceAnn

COLLEEN said...

my fave is the blue checked fabric and the candle holder. i would love to do the read candles on my christmas tree one day too.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Colleen (Walk in the woods) - the candle holder is not a Frenchy Find, it's a gift from Dave a few years ago. He custom-orders all my pottery pieces. All my pottery is the same color.