Saturday, August 23, 2008

Swap happiness

A couple of months ago I registered to be part of a pin cushion and needlebook swap through this wonderful lady. Rachel from New Zealand was my swap buddy. I enjoyed this swap very much. I plan on registering for others in the future, they are such a nice way to meet wonderful bloggers that eventually become your friends. Please check Rachel's blog, she's an amazing mother and all around great homesteader.

Yesterday I got my pin cushion and needlebook from Rachel. I'm hoping Rachel will get her parcel from me sooner than later. Look at the fine work she did for me. Seeing that I've just recently started to sew, I did'nt own a pin cushion neither a needlebook. And a bonus was included in the parcel - a dishcloth made up like the New Zealand flag. What a beautiful souvenir of our new found friendship. I can't think of anyone around that has a dishcloth like mine :-)

I love everything Rachel, thank you so much !

2 comments:

COLLEEN said...

How pretty. I really like doing swaps too. It is so much fun.

Barb said...

What a lovely thing to do. You cushion and needlebook cover are beautiful and I love the personalized V on the cushion. B