Saturday, March 8, 2008

Happy International Women's Day

A year ago today this was my post entry. This year as I celebrate this very special day I celebrate this wonderful young woman:

I am so grateful for everything this human being has brought into my life... pure happiness when I see her face or hear her voice. She has turned into a very brilliant young woman and today I celebrate her - my daughter Ginette Anne.

Today is a time to reflect on the advances we've made towards equality and to look ahead to the challenges that remain. Let us also reflect on the many women in abusive relationships - sisters, friends, cousins, nieces, mothers, daughters, neighbours. I can't imagine the state I would be in if my daughter was ever abused and I was to find out (and believe me, I would).

Hope you get to spend today with the ones you love.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Aren't daughters absolutely wonderful!!!! My life is so enriched for my friendship with Sebrina. Now I have the pleasure of looking forward to developing a great relationship with Gabriella as she too grows to a beautiful strong woman like her mother. Enjoy your daughter and cherish your times together. Each moment is so precious.