Sunday, October 14, 2007

Nova Nada

Today we went on a day-trip to Birchdale Lake Retreat, formerly Nova Nada. It had been over 30 years since I had gone and when I went it was the Nova Nada Monastery. I am still breathless as to how pure a small piece of nature this is. The two following pictures are scenes ''en route'' to the retreat.


The following picture is the first picture Dave took of me standing in front of Birchdale Lake... we had reached our destination. We had to drive 17 km on a gravel road to get there, but it sure was worth the drive.

One of the many cabins.


Dave sitting on the porch of the main lodge, where food is prepared (the lodge not the porch).

Walking along the trail, a view of the lake.

The chapel and library.

Having our picnic lunch on the porch of one of the cabins.

A few cabins.

We had to take a few shots of autum leaves on our way back...



I wonder what I will be dreaming about tonight... Thank you sooooooo much Dave for taking me there today.

3 comments:

COLLEEN said...

OH MY GOD!!!!! That there is such a place on this earth proves that there is a god(dess). I absolutely love this place and yet I have never been there. Thank you for posting so many pictures so that I could feel I was there with you. I e-mailed Birchdale Lake and enquired about an overnight stay for Jean, myself and the girls for next summer. I can't wait.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

I don't think it's too expensive to rent out the cabins. First two weeks of August will be the yoga retreat. You would just love it. You won't want to leave after only one day... Too bad we did'nt take pictures from inside the cabins. It is so, so, so rustic - you would'nt believe it. I told Dave ''this is Colleen 100%''. You were there with us yesterday. The owner, Helen, is back in the States so she'll reply to your email. My yoga instructor looks after the place in Helen's absence.

Debbie said...

What about me Dave! Take me too! I'll be good... It's beautiful.