Sunday, July 22, 2007

Perfect weekend

Even though I've been on vacation since 3:30 p.m. Friday I will only feel officially on vacation tomorrow when I get up and don't have to go to work. Here is a picture of a fruit torte I made Friday evening.

We had a wonderful weekend. Last night we had friends over for BBQ before heading out for some very fun and entertaining dancing at the Little Brook Social Club. We ended up being 13 in our kitchen for supper. Below is a picture of two of those 13 enjoying a friendly chat. Somehow my photographer was busy so we only took this picture. A friend is suppose to send me a bunch of pictures she took.

Today Dave and I went to Yarmouth on the hunt for a hammock but I did'nt find one that suited me so we came home without a hammock but with a whole bunch of other stuff. We had our take-out fast food at the Yarmouth Waterfront. Here is a picture of Dave taken in front of a lovely mural painted on a building at the waterfront by a local artist.

A portion of the Yarmouth Waterfront. The weather forecast for today was for rain and wind... we had neither.

When we got back from Yarmouth we heard on the radio that there was a local festival at the Belliveau's Cove Marina so we headed that way. Dave enjoying a feed of steamer clams.

Yours truly at the Belliveau's Cove beach.

Dave having a dip (up to the knees).

Back on the range... our veggie garden is soooooooo beautiful and healthy. Wanted to show you a picture of my kale. I cut a bunch tonight to make a gypsy soup tomorrow.

More garden eye candy.

Hollyhocks are starting to bloom.

Lavender patch.

No comments: